Thank you again for joining us here at the WDC! As our small welcome to you, we all want to get to know you and all the things you love (and probably don't love as much ), and so on and so forth. This is what the Intro-LUDES tag/topic is all about.
Before you start posting, here are a few guidelines:
Start your own introduction thread.
It would be too easy to just reply to one introduction thread, but with so many people introducing themselves, it would be difficult for the new members to gain attention from the rest of the community. Therefore, the best way to do it is to start your own thread.
To start your own discussion thread, there are two ways to do this:
All Discussions > Tags > choose the appropriate tags (Hodgepodge > Intro-LUDES) From there, a text field will appear at the bottom of the screen. This forum supports WYSIWYG (the buttons that you see to style your text/post), BBCode (like the old "table-based" forums like phpBB or SMF), and Markdown. If you are curious about Markdown, you can search around for tutorials or you can check out mine at The NINPOJineous.
The second way would be to go to
Intro-LUDES tags at your left side, and then press
All Discussions button and start your thread.
A few suggestions on what you can share.
If you are stuck with how you can introduce yourself, you can follow along a few of these topics:
- Where do you currently live? (just a country, a city, or anything in general would do)
- What do you do for a living? (are you a student? are you currently working? etc.)
- Your favorite hobbies
- A few of your favorite things (favorite video game, favorite TV show, favorite actor/actress, etc. etc.)
- What are you looking forward to here at the WDC? (making friends, introduce a new hobby or something you've created to gain interest, etc.)
- Ask the community a general question about anything and find yourself getting engaged with everyone.
These are a few of the things that you could do. If you have any suggestions on introduction topics that would help new members, feel free to post them here and I'll add them to this list.
Once again, we hope you enjoy your stay here at the WDC. If you have any questions and such, feel free to contact any one of the staff.